The Grievance Redressal Cell (GRC) was established to address complaints from students, parents, alumni, staff and other stakeholders. There are two options for registering their complaints: they can do it online (link is given below) or by contacting the cell's members directly. They are also urged to use the suggestions box for submitting their grievances. The institution promises that all complaints would be handled sensitively and in confidence once they are made. Some of the important objectives of the cell are as follows:
1. To resolve complaints from students and other stakeholders in a timely manner
2. To strengthen the relationship between various stakeholders including students and the institution by providing them with all necessary facilities to their complete satisfaction
3. To uphold a comfortable environment for academic teaching and learning along with extra-curricular activities for overall development of the institution
The Anti-Ragging Cell of RIHS, Bhograi serves as the College's supervisory, advisory, and executive committee in maintaining a culture of ragging-free environments alongside Grievance Redressal Cell. The Anti-Ragging Cell is involved in creating strategies and action plans to reduce the threat of ragging at the campus by implementing a variety of activities and awareness programmes.
As per the order of the Supreme Court of India and subsequent notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students as below:
1. Any act of indiscipline, teasing, or handling with rudeness.
2. Any act that prevents, disrupts the regular academic activity
3. Any activity which is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, psychological harm, or creates fear or apprehension.
4. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure.
5. Any act of physical abuse causing assault, harm, or danger to health.
6. Any act of abuse by spoken words, emails, sms or public insult, etc.
7. Any act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to human dignity.
8. Any act of wrongful confinement, kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offenses, use of criminal forces, trespass, or intimidation.
9. Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Composition of Grievance Redressal/Anti-ragging Cell
Mr. K. S. Das, Principal
Mr. H. S. Chand, Reader in Philosophy
Mr. R. C. Patra, Lecturer in Education
Mr. M. K. Hui, Lecturer in Economics
Dr. U. K. Samal, Lecturer in Chemistry
Smt. T. Dhara, Lecturer in Education
Mr. D. K. Giri, Lecturer in Chemistry
Mr. B. B. Pati, Lecturer in Sanskrit
Mrs. J. M. Nayak, Lecturer in Zoology
AAt/PO- Jaleswarpur, PS- Bhograi, Dist- Balasore ,State-Odisha, PIN- 756036
Telephone No. 06781-231303